1. INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
W A V E S art initiative or the oceans is an art association and art space registered in Switzerland and represents artists and artworks pertaining to water worldwide (“ services”).
Telephone: + 41 79 959 89 66
W A V E S art initiative or the oceans is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains the basis on which personal information we collect from you will be processed by us.
This policy explains the following:
• What information W A V E S art initiative or the oceans may collect about you;
• How W A V E S art initiative or the oceans will use information we collect about you;
• Whether W A V E S art initiative or the oceans will disclose your details to anyone else; and
• Your choices and rights regarding the personal information you have provided to us.
Our services may require the use of third parties. These third party websites may have their own privacy policies and we recommend you to review them. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third parties and your use of them is at your own risk.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WILL W A V E S art initiative or the oceans COLLECT ABOUT ME?
We collect and process the following information which may include your Personal Data.
Information provided by you when using our Services
You may give us information about you by filling in forms when using our services, signing up to our newsletter or contacting us with enquiries. Such information can include:
- Identity and contact data: including your name, username, address, telephone number and e-mail address; and
- Profile Data: including artwork information, artworks owned, requested, offered, reserved, purchased, consigned and details of artwork invoices.
- Files shared: including files, photos, documents shared with the gallery.
(“ Personal Data”)
In order for you to use all the functions of our services we may collect payment information from you including your credit card number and bank account details.
Information about you collected from Third Parties
We may collect Personal Data about you from third party service providers. This includes information about your credit history from credit agencies, or information to check your identity and prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
3. DATA SHARING
In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law (which may include to government bodies and law enforcement agencies); in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
4. HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHO WILL WE SHARE IT WITH
Providing the Services to you as a prospective or existing client
We may legally use and retain your Personal Data where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, such as:
• For registering you as a new client;
• Processing purchases including any shipping details for delivery of the artwork; and
• Keeping track of contractual agreements;
We may also legally use and retain the Personal Data you provide to us when requesting our Services, to pursue our legitimate interest of providing our Services to you, such as:
• Keeping track of artworks offered to you in order to understand your preferences and purchase history and allow us to offer relevant artwork to you when it comes in;
• Responding to your enquiries; and
• Providing you with information and updates about the Services we offer;
We may analyse certain types of information that you submit to us for the legitimate interest of improving the Services we offer to you and to provide you with a bespoke, tailored service and art advisory and consultancy service, based on your preferences, recommendations, interests and previous purchases and location.
We may share your Personal Data with our selected third party providers and suppliers for the performance of delivering our service under the contract between you and W A V E S art initiative or the oceans, including processing payments and delivering artwork to you in accordance with your instructions. Our third party suppliers will have their own processing terms.
Providing the Services and acting for you as an artist or prospective artist
We may legally use and retain Personal Information that we collect about you for the legitimate interest of providing a bespoke artist consultancy and representation service to you, such as:
• Promoting and selling your artwork to relevant clients based on their preferences and previous purchases;
• Retaining a personal profile of you and your artwork to provide clients with background information, and market your artwork accordingly;
• Responding to your enquiries; and
• Providing you with information and updates about our Services and upcoming exhibitions.
Compliance and prevention of Fraud and Illegal Activity
We may process Personal Data for the legitimate interests of ensuring that use of our Services is lawful and non-fraudulent, does not disrupt the operation of our Services, does not harass our staff or other individuals, and to enforce our legal rights and comply with our legal obligations, including compliance with anti-money laundering regulations (if and where applicable).
We use various forms of marketing to provide you with promotional materials about our services.
We may process your contact information that you provide to us (either via our website or through use of our services) for the purposes of marketing in accordance with our legitimate interests to send you information about artspace and gallery exhibitions and events. We may use third party email providers, such as Mail Chimp, to process these marketing emails.
We may also disclose your name and contact information to our affiliates mentioned above who provide the same type of products and services, to enable them to market their products and services to you.
To understand how our Services are used
We process cookies to understand how visitors use our website and to compile reports on website activity.
This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interest in improving our website, and providing a more relevant service to our customers. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you.
5. DATA RETENTION
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us so we can delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.